A heart-warming tour, this Enchanting Ladakh Tour is all you need to explore, discover and treasure the eternal beauty of Ladakh and its fascinating marvels! Originating from the heart of Leh, the tour takes the visitors on an exhilarating ride through some of the most scenic tourist attractions in Ladakh. Embark on this 8N/9D tour to step into the enchanting Land of High Passes and unravel its bountiful beauty. Whether you yearn to enjoy seclusion, make merry moments, enjoy natural charm, revisit history, or adore the scenic charm of Mother Nature, this Enchanting Ladakh Tour is the perfect match for you!
Day 1 Arrival in Leh
Unravel the splendours of your Enchanting Ladakh Tour with your arrival at the Leh Airport. On your arrival, you will be warmly greeted by our tour representatives who will drive you to a nearby hotel and help you in checking-in. Unwind yourself to the magnificent views all around and spend the day at leisure to get acclimatised to the Leh climate. By evening, you can take a walk around the Leh Market and witness how life thrives in the bustling lanes of Leh; overnight stay will be at the hotel.
Day 2 Drive from Leh - Sham Valley - Leh (Excursion)
Wake up to your first morning amidst the enchanting environs of Ladakh enjoy a heart-warming breakfast and get ready for an amazing drive to the gorgeous Sham Valley in Ladakh. The drive will take you through some of the most scenic as well as rugged terrains, and will take you to some of the must visit attractions in Ladakh. Throughout the day, you will be visiting attractions like the gravity defying Magnetic Hill, sacredGurudwaraPatthar Sahib, the imposingSangam Point of Zanskar and Indus rivers. Following these visits, you will be driven towards the picturesque Alchi Village or the abode of the pious Alchi Monastery. With these visits, this exciting excursion trip will come to an end; you will be driven back to Leh for your overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Magnetic Hill : On your Ladakh tour, you will come across many wonders and natural marvels; the Magnetic Hill is one the most wondrous attractions! A hill that defies the laws of gravity, it pulls the vehicles upwards the ascent of the hill. Though many researchers have put their theories and statements; no one has been able to decode this mystical phenomenon yet!
(2) GurudwarPatthar Sahib : Located on the Leh-Srinagar Road, this gurudwara (sacred place for the Sikhs) is only 25km from the city limits of Leh. Legends have it that this region was once tormented by a demon who created havoc and misery across the valley. To overcome these desolations, the local prayed for the destruction of this demon. Guru Nanak Devji, the founder of Sikhism, heard their prayers, and came to rescue them by following the route through Nepal, Sikkim, Tibet, Yarkand and finally to Leh. The Guru, after reaching the valley, blessed the people and got popular among them as ‘Nanak Lama’.
The arrival of the Guru enraged the demon, and he tried killing the Guru by rolling a gigantic boulder towards the preacher. The rock, upon touching the Guru, turned into a soft cushion, which he used as a cushion to meditate. Considering the preacher to be dead, when the demon came down to witness the effect of his unholy deed, he found Nanak Devji meditating. Furious with rage, the demon tried pushing the rock with his right foot, which finally got stuck in the rock. Realising the Guru was not an ordinary being, the demon fell on the Guru’s feet asking for forgiveness. Guru Nanak then advised him to abstain himself from all the evil deed and lead the life of the humble person. Following the advice of the Guru, the demon started dedicated his life in the service of humanity. This pious Gurudwara was later built to commemorate the preaching of Guru Nanak Dev.
(3) Sangam Point : On your way to the scenic Sham Valley in Ladakh, you will come across the confluence point of both the Zanskar and Indus rivers. One of the most mystical attractions in Ladakh, a visit to Sangam Point will surely hold you captive with its enchanting appeal! This enticing point is best visited during the winters when the water of the Zanskar tends to freeze down while the Indus River flows with full glory!
(4) Alchi Monastery : One of the most pious monasteries in Ladakh, the history of Alchi Monastery in Alchi hamlet dates back to almost thousand years. A sub-gompa of the Likir Monastery, it stands on the scenic banks of the Indus River and is the only monastery in Ladakh that is situated on a flat ground. Visit this religious enclave to witness its spirituality, enjoy the serenity that exists there and seek blessings from the Gods.
(5) Hall of Fame : It is a museum that is maintained by the Indian Army. Not just every India on a Leh Ladakh tour, but every visitor to Ladakh must visit this glorious museum! Unlike other traditional museum, Hall of Fame displays the memorabilia of the valorous Indian soldiers who sacrifice their lives while protecting the dignity of the Motherland. On a visit to Hall of Fame, visitors can also witness pictures of soldiers who attained martyrdom, weapons used by them, their dresses, and other belongings.
Day 3 : Drive from Leh to Nubra Valley (via Khardung La Pass)
Today, you can add few more chapters to your Ladakh travelogue as you will be driven to the enticing Nubra Valley on this day! After breakfast is served at the hotel, our representatives will pick you up from the hotel, and will drive you through the towering Khardung La Pass which is situated at a height of 18,390ft above the sea level. The pass revered as the highest motorable pass in the entire world, is an ideal place to enjoy panoramic views of the Himalayan Ranges, scenic meadows and valleys. Enjoy the natural marvels on your way and make it to the pictorial Nubra Valley by afternoon. Arriving in Nubra Valley, your Enchanting Ladakh Tour will take you the magical sand dunes in Hunder village. Enjoy the scenic views of these sand dunes, quench all your yearnings of becoming a shutterbug and enjoy the exciting double-humped Bactrian camel rides across these alluring sand dunes; however, camel safaris can be arranged at your personal expense. If time permits, you can also visit the Diskit Monastery and explore the hamlet for a while post this, you will be checked-in into a deluxe campsite for your overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Khardung La Pass : The highest motorable pass in the world, Khardung La Pass boasts of its alluring charm and towering height! Perched at a soaring height of 18,390ft above the sea level, it is also called the ‘Gateway to Shyok Valley’. Located in the lap of the great Karakoram Range, it is around 40km from the heart of Leh, and is a much coveted destination among the adventure freaks. Trekking, hiking, jeep safari, motorcycle trips, and mountain biking are some of the most sought after activities around the Khardung La Pass.
Day 4 : Drive from Nubra Valley to Leh
As you wake up in the morning, you can behold the mesmerising views of the gorgeous Nubra Valley while enjoying a filling breakfast. Post this, our tour guides and representatives will drive you back to Leh. On arrival in the city, you will be checked-in into a hotel, where you can spend the day at leisure.
By evening, you will be guided for a local sightseeing tour within the walking limits of Leh. The ancient Leh Mosque and the pious Jokhang Gompa will be attractions of the latter part of the day; overnight stay will be at the hotel.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Leh Mosque : An ode to the communal harmony, peace and brotherhood, the Leh Mosque is among the historical as well as religious places to visit in Ladakh. Constructed by Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, it was established as part of agreement between the rulers of Ladakh and the Mughal emperor to safeguard the Ladakhi rulers from their rivals. Leh Mosque’s architecture lies in sync with most of the monasteries in Ladakh and it is truly a serene place to visit during any of the Leh Ladakh tours.
(2) Jokhang Gompa : Established in 1957, Jokhang Gompa is one of the newest addition in the list of monasteries in Ladakh. Revered as one of the spiritual heart of Leh, this Buddhist temple is adorned with intricate designs and carvings. Following the lineage of other monasteries in Ladakh, it is also known as the ‘Soma Gompa’ and was built by the local craftsmen with the assistance of Nepalese artists.
Day 5 : Drive from Leh to Pangong Tso Lake
Adding more fun, excitement and charm to your Enchanting Ladakh Tour, today you will be driven to the mesmerising Pangong Tso Lake in Ladakh. As you compete your morning meal in the hotel, our tour representatives will pick you up from the hotel and drive you through the enthralling Chang La Pass at a height of 18,000ft and several scenic valleys. On your arrival near the Pangong Tso Lake, you will be free to explore, discover and admire the bewitching beauty of this saline water reservoir.
Come evening, you will be checked-in into a nearby campsite, where you will be spending overnight.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Pangong Tso Lake : Seated at an elevation of 4,350m, Pangong Tso Lake is one of the most gorgeous and highest lakes in the entire world. A saline water reservoir in Ladakh, it is around 140km away from Ladakh’s capital city Leh, and is a major attraction in all the Leh Ladakh tour packages. Flaunting its magical beauty in the higher altitudes of Ladakh, Pangong Tso flows into China; only one-third of it flows through the Indian territory.
On a visit to this scenic lake in Ladakh in different seasons offers different charms and grandeurs. While visiting Pangong Tso Lake in summer, visitors can enjoy the surreal beauty of its turquoise water along with the crystal-clear reflection of the entire surroundings. On the other hand, on a visit to this kaleidoscopic lake during the winter, visitors will witness an entirely frozen water-surface with water beneath its surface!
Day 6 : Drive from Pangong Tso Lake to Leh
Today morning, you will be driven back to Leh en route, you will be visiting the holy Thiksey Monastery and the beautiful Sindhu Ghat. Visit this pious monastery in Ladakh and experience the essence of spirituality that prevails in its every corner. Post this, on your visit to the famed Sindhu Ghat, you can witness the peace and harmony that exists in Ladakh. Continuing with the drive, you will reach Leh by late afternoon arriving in the city, you will be checked-in into a hotel. You can either spend the rest of the day at leisure or take a stroll around the city limits; overnight stay will be at the hotel.
Day 7 : Drive from Leh to Tso Moriri Lake
Today will be one of the most exciting days of your Enticing Ladakh Tour! Waking up in the morning after breakfast is done, we will guide you for a much desired drive to the stunning Tso Moriri Lake at an astounding height of around 15,000ft above the sea level. The drive will take you through Chumathang where you can visit some of the natural hot springs, Mahe and Pugo Sumdo. Arriving beside the lake, relinquish yourself to its swaying beauty and adore its irresistible charm! For the nature lovers and nature photographers, a visit to Tso Moriri Lake is truly dream come true experience! You can also enjoy birdwatching around the lake; till you get checked-in into a campsite or a nearby guest house for your overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Tso Moriri Lake : Located around 250km south-east of Leh, Tso Moriri Lake is a must-to-visit attraction in all Leh Ladakh tour packages. Reaching a height of around 4,000m above the sea level, this magnificent lake is guarded by several fascinating mountains and captivating snow-clad peaks. Whether an adventure freak, leisure seeker, romantic holidayer, backpacker, or nature lover, Tso Moriri Lake can infect everyone with its surreal beauty. Nature photography, birdwatching, trekking, hiking, and lakeside camping are some of the most sought after activities around the Tso Moriri Lake in Ladakh.
Day 8 : Drive from Tso Moriri Lake to Leh
Following today’s breakfast, you will be driven back to Leh; the drive will once again take you through PugaSumdo and will advance towards the enthralling PoloKongka Pass which reaches a height of around 5,171m above the sea level. Continuing on this route, you will reach another stunning lake in Ladakh called the Tso Kar Lake which is seated in the pictorial Rupsho Plateau or the abode of the ‘Chang Nomads’. Upon completion of these visits, the drive will follow the kaleidoscopic Manali-Leh Highway, and will take you through the towering Taglang La Pass at 17,585ft above the sea level. Arriving in Leh by evening, you will be checked-in into a hotel for your overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Polokongka Pass : Perched at an astounding height of 16,965ft above the sea level, this soaring mmountain pass is located in the Chang-Chemo Range along India’s Line of Control; along the Indo-China Border. Though Polokongka Pass is considered as one of the extremely sensitive mountain passes in Ladakh, its scenic beauty and thrill makes it a major attraction in almost all the Ladakh tour packages.
(2) Tso Kar Lake : Seating in the picturesque Rupshu Plateau, Tso Kar Lake boasts as one of the most promising and highest lakes in Ladakh. Spreading across 10sq.km., it is around 250km from the centre of Leh and is also called as the ‘White Lake’. The highest brackish water reservoir in the entire world, it is a true treasure trove for the nature lover; especially the birdwatchers.
(3) Taglang La Pass : Revered as the ‘Gateway to Leh’, the Taglang La Pass is located after the scenic Gata Loops and Moore Plains. Reaching up to 17,583ft above the sea level, this enthralling pass is a much sought after destination among the adventure junkies who throngs Ladakh to pump up their adrenalines! Compared to other mountain passes in Ladakh, Taglang La Pass is considered as less challenging and is an ideal destination for the amateur adventurers.
Day 9 : Departure from Leh - Tour Ends Here
Today morning, lace up all the pleasant and exciting memories that you had during the last eight days on your Enchanting Ladakh Tour! Today, after having breakfast in the hotel, our tour representatives will guide you back to the Leh Airport; and with your airport drop, this enchanting tour to Ladakh will come to an end!