The Magical Ladakh Tour is one of the best Leh Ladakh tour packages to unravel the mesmeric beauty of the ‘Land of High Passes’. Originating from the scenic locales of Leh, it takes the visitors on a captivating tour to some of the most gorgeous and captivating places to visit in Ladakh. A 5N/6D tour, the Magical Ladakh Tour will get you acquainted with the spell-binding beauty of Ladakh within a short time, and will also make you yearn for more. If you are planning for a Leh Ladakh tour to explore its pristine and untouched beauty along with its most sought after tourist destinations, this Ladakh tour package is the one for you! In addition to all these, this Magical Ladakh tour also promises the service and guidance of highly experienced and extremely friendly tour guides.
Day 1 : Arrival in Leh
Revel in the surreal beauty of the magical Himalayas with your arrival in Leh! Embrace the mesmerising beauty of Ladakh’s capital city as our tour representatives will drive you to a local hotel. Post checking-in into the hotel, unwind and rejuvenate yourself to get acclimatised with the climate. Evening will be free at leisure; if you wish, you can take a stroll around the Leh Market and get yourself acquainted with the local life overnight stay will be at the hotel.
Day 2 : Drive from Leh - Sham Valley - Leh (Excursion)
Today morning, adorn the prismatic view of the nearby as well as the distant snow-clad peaks while enjoying a hearty breakfast at the hotel. Post this, get ready for an exhilarating drive to the picturesque Sham Valley; en route, you will be visiting the fascinating Magnetic Hill, sacred Gurudwar Patthar Sahib, and the Sangam Point where the Indus River meets the Zanskar River. Continuing further with the drive, you will reach the Alchi village, where you will be visiting the pious Alchi Monastery. Completing this amazing excursion of Sham Valley, you will be driven back to Leh hotel for your overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Magnetic Hill : On your Ladakh tour, you will come across many wonders and natural marvels the Magnetic Hill is one the most wondrous attractions! A hill that defies the laws of gravity, it pulls the vehicles upwards the ascent of the hill. Though many researchers have put their theories and statements; no one has been able to decode this mystical phenomenon yet!
(2) Gurudwar Patthar Sahib : Located on the Leh-Srinagar Road, this gurudwara (sacred place for the Sikhs) is only 25km from the city limits of Leh. Legends have it that this region was once tormented by a demon who created havoc and misery across the valley. To overcome these desolations, the local prayed for the destruction of this demon. Guru Nanak Devji, the founder of Sikhism, heard their prayers, and came to rescue them by following the route through Nepal, Sikkim, Tibet, Yarkand and finally to Leh. The Guru, after reaching the valley, blessed the people and got popular among them as ‘Nanak Lama’. The arrival of the Guru enraged the demon, and he tried killing the Guru by rolling a gigantic boulder towards the preacher. The rock, upon touching the Guru, turned into a soft cushion, which he used as a cushion to meditate. Considering the preacher to be dead, when the demon came down to witness the effect of his unholy deed, he found Nanak Devji meditating. Furious with rage, the demon tried pushing the rock with his right foot, which finally got stuck in the rock. Realising the Guru was not an ordinary being, the demon fell on the Guru’s feet asking for forgiveness. Guru Nanak then advised him to abstain himself from all the evil deed and lead the life of the humble person. Following the advice of the Guru, the demon started dedicated his life in the service of humanity. This pious Gurudwara was later built to commemorate the preaching of Guru Nanak Dev.
(3) Sangam Point : On your way to the scenic Sham Valley in Ladakh, you will come across the confluence point of both the Zanskar and Indus rivers. One of the most mystical attractions in Ladakh, a visit to Sangam Point will surely hold you captive with its enchanting appeal! This enticing point is best visited during the winters when the water of the Zanskar tends to freeze down while the Indus River flows with full glory!
(4) Alchi Monastery : One of the most pious monasteries in Ladakh, the history of Alchi Monastery in Alchi hamlet dates back to almost thousand years. A sub-gompa of the Likir Monastery, it stands on the scenic banks of the Indus River and is the only monastery in Ladakh that is situated on a flat ground. Visit this religious enclave to witness its spirituality, enjoy the serenity that exists there and seek blessings from the Gods.
(5) Hall of Fame : It is a museum that is maintained by the Indian Army. Not just every India on a Leh Ladakh tour, but every visitor to Ladakh must visit this glorious museum! Unlike other traditional museum, Hall of Fame displays the memorabilia of the valorous Indian soldiers who sacrifice their lives while protecting the dignity of the Motherland. On a visit to Hall of Fame, visitors can also witness pictures of soldiers who attained martyrdom, weapons used by them, their dresses, and other belongings.
Day 3 : Drive from Leh - Pangong Tso Lake - Leh (Excursion)
Today, after completing your breakfast, you will be visiting one of the most imposing natural marvels in Ladakh - the Pangong Tso Lake! The drive will take you through some of the most appealing locales guarded by snow-capped mountains and adorned by the untouched beauty of nature. Arriving at the lakeside, revel in its alluring charm and spend some of the most treasured moments while embracing its irresistible beauty! For the nature lovers and shutterbugs, a visit to Pangong Tso Lake is a dream come true experience! Come evening, you will be driven back to the Leh hotel for your overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Pangong Tso Lake : Seated at an elevation of 4,350m, Pangong Tso Lake is one of the most gorgeous and highest lakes in the entire world. A saline water reservoir in Ladakh, it is around 140km away from Ladakh’s capital city Leh, and is a major attraction in all the Leh Ladakh tour packages. Flaunting its magical beauty in the higher altitudes of Ladakh, Pangong Tso flows into China; only one-third of it flows through the Indian territory. On a visit to this scenic lake in Ladakh in different seasons offers different charms and grandeurs. While visiting Pangong Tso Lake in summer, visitors can enjoy the surreal beauty of its turquoise water along with the crystal-clear reflection of the entire surroundings. On the other hand, on a visit to this kaleidoscopic lake during the winter, visitors will witness an entirely frozen water-surface with water beneath its surface!
Day 4 : Drive from Leh - Nubra Valley (viaKhardung La Pass)
The day post breakfast, will start with an exciting drive to the pictorial Nubra Valley and will take you through the majestic Khardung La Pass (18,390ft). Arriving at the Nubra Valley, you will be taken for a joyride to the Hunder sand dunes, where you can indulge in exciting camel safari on your own expenses; this is the only region in Ladakh where you can find the double humped Bactrian camels. Depending on the availability of time, you can also take a local sightseeing across Hunder village and visit the Diskit Monastery. Post this; by evening, you will be checked-in into a deluxe campsite for your overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Khardung La Pass : The highest motorable pass in the world, Khardung La Pass boasts of its alluring charm and towering height! Perched at a soaring height of 18,390ft above the sea level, it is also called the ‘Gateway to Shyok Valley’. Located in the lap of the great Karakoram Range, it is around 40km from the heart of Leh, and is a much coveted destination among the adventure freaks. Trekking, hiking, jeep safari, motorcycle trips, and mountain biking are some of the most sought after activities around the Khardung La Pass.
Day 5 : Drive from Nubra Valley - Leh
Following today’s breakfast at the campsite, you will be driven back to Leh the drive will once again take you through the mighty Khardung La Pass. Arriving in Leh, you will be checked-in into a hotel you can spend the day at leisure until evening when our representatives will guide you for a local sightseeing tour across Leh Market on foot. While on this tour, you can visit Jokhang and the pious Leh Mosque. By late evening, you will be guided back to the hotel for your overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Leh Mosque : An ode to the communal harmony, peace and brotherhood, the Leh Mosque is among the historical as well as religious places to visit in Ladakh. Constructed by Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, it was established as part of agreement between the rulers of Ladakh and the Mughal emperor to safeguard the Ladakhi rulers from their rivals. Leh Mosque’s architecture lies in sync with most of the monasteries in Ladakh and it is truly a serene place to visit during any of the Leh Ladakh tours.
(2) Jokhang Gompa : Established in 1957, Jokhang Gompa is one of the newest addition in the list of monasteries in Ladakh. Revered as one of the spiritual heart of Leh, this Buddhist temple is adorned with intricate designs and carvings. Following the lineage of other monasteries in Ladakh, it is also known as the ‘Soma Gompa’ and was built by the local craftsmen with the assistance of Nepalese artists.
Day 6 : Departure from Leh, End of Tour
Today, with the completion of your breakfast in the hotel, you will be checked-out from the Leh hotel. Our tour guides and representatives will assist you in reaching the airport. With your drop at the Leh Airport, your tryst on this Magical Ladakh tour will come to an end.