Tour to Ladakh - A Timeless Journey is all about the pristine and enchanting beauty of Ladakh and its valleys. Bestowed with all the marvel of nature, this part of the county attracts millions of visitors from various corners of the world. This bewitching tour will unravel all the answers why Ladakh is considered as a cult among the tourists and is revered as one of the most gorgeous places on earth! Join this Tour to Ladakh - A Timeless Journey tour to witness how life thrives on the harshest of climatic condition. Join this tour to discover the mystical beauty of a place that is dotted with fascinating mountains and snow-clad peaks. Join this tour to get Leh’ed during your Ladakh tour!
Day 1 : Arrival in Leh
Your Tour to Ladakh - A Timeless Journey will start unfolding the magical beauty of the Land of High Passes with your arrival at the Leh Airport. The thrill and excitement of this tour will get to the next level as out tour guides and representatives will assist you in checking-in into a hotel. Post checking-in, get freshened up and spend the day at leisure. Come evening, you can take an acclimatisation walk through the bustling Leh Market and get familiar with the local life of Ladakh’s capital city. Post this, return back to the hotel for your overnight stay.
Day 2 : Drive from Leh - Sham Valley - Leh (Excursion)
Your first morning in Ladakh; at the Leh hotel, will be welcomed by a delicious breakfast, and will be followed by an exciting and fun-frolic excursion to the Sham Valley. Taking through the exhilarating terrains of Ladakh, this drive will take you across some of the most sought after tourist destinations in Ladakh.
On the list, there will be the mystical Magnetic Hill that defies the laws of gravity, holy GurudwaraPatthar Sahib, the enchanting Sangam Point of Zanskar and Indus rivers. Hereafter, the excursion will head towards the picturesque Alchi Village where you can visit the pious Alchi Monastery. Upon completion of these tours, you will be driven back to Leh for your overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Magnetic Hill : On your Ladakh tour, you will come across many wonders and natural marvels; the Magnetic Hill is one the most wondrous attractions! A hill that defies the laws of gravity, it pulls the vehicles upwards the ascent of the hill. Though many researchers have put their theories and statements; no one has been able to decode this mystical phenomenon yet!
(2) Gurudwar Patthar Sahib : Located on the Leh-Srinagar Road, this gurudwara (sacred place for the Sikhs) is only 25km from the city limits of Leh. Legends have it that this region was once tormented by a demon who created havoc and misery across the valley. To overcome these desolations, the local prayed for the destruction of this demon. Guru Nanak Devji, the founder of Sikhism, heard their prayers, and came to rescue them by following the route through Nepal, Sikkim, Tibet, Yarkand and finally to Leh. The Guru, after reaching the valley, blessed the people and got popular among them as ‘Nanak Lama’.
The arrival of the Guru enraged the demon, and he tried killing the Guru by rolling a gigantic boulder towards the preacher. The rock, upon touching the Guru, turned into a soft cushion, which he used as a cushion to meditate. Considering the preacher to be dead, when the demon came down to witness the effect of his unholy deed, he found Nanak Devji meditating. Furious with rage, the demon tried pushing the rock with his right foot, which finally got stuck in the rock. Realising the Guru was not an ordinary being, the demon fell on the Guru’s feet asking for forgiveness. Guru Nanak then advised him to abstain himself from all the evil deed and lead the life of the humble person. Following the advice of the Guru, the demon started dedicated his life in the service of humanity. This pious Gurudwara was later built to commemorate the preaching of Guru Nanak Dev.
(3) Sangam Point : On your way to the scenic Sham Valley in Ladakh, you will come across the confluence point of both the Zanskar and Indus rivers. One of the most mystical attractions in Ladakh, a visit to Sangam Point will surely hold you captive with its enchanting appeal! This enticing point is best visited during the winters when the water of the Zanskar tends to freeze down while the Indus River flows with full glory!
(4) Alchi Monastery : One of the most pious monasteries in Ladakh, the history of Alchi Monastery in Alchi hamlet dates back to almost thousand years. A sub-gompa of the Likir Monastery, it stands on the scenic banks of the Indus River and is the only monastery in Ladakh that is situated on a flat ground. Visit this religious enclave to witness its spirituality, enjoy the serenity that exists there and seek blessings from the Gods.
(5) Hall of Fame : It is a museum that is maintained by the Indian Army. Not just every India on a Leh Ladakh tour, but every visitor to Ladakh must visit this glorious museum! Unlike other traditional museum, Hall of Fame displays the memorabilia of the valorous Indian soldiers who sacrifice their lives while protecting the dignity of the Motherland. On a visit to Hall of Fame, visitors can also witness pictures of soldiers who attained martyrdom, weapons used by them, their dresses, and other belongings.
Day 3 : Drive from Leh - Nubra Valley (via Khardung La Pass)
Catch the early rays of the morning with a scrumptious breakfast at the Leh hotel and pack your bags as today you will be driven to the magical Nubra Valley! Starting with the drive, you will reach the great Khardung La Pass or the highest motorable pass in the world at an elevation of 18,390ft; you can enjoy astounding views of the Himalayas and its several peaks while on this pass. Driving further, you will finally reach the Nubra Valley, and will be taken to a scenic village called Hunder. Arriving in this village, you will get to explore and discover the enchanting sand dunes that are among the must-visit attractions in almost all the Leh Ladakh tour packages. While in Hunder, you can also indulge in double-hump Bactrian camel safaris and make some merry moments durin your Ladakh tour however, camel safaris can be availed at personal expenses. Depending on the time schedule, you can also visit the Diskit Monastery and take a stroll around the Hunder village; overnight stay will be arranged in a deluxe campsite.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Khardung La Pass : The highest motorable pass in the world, Khardung La Pass boasts of its alluring charm and towering height! Perched at a soaring height of 18,390ft above the sea level, it is also called the ‘Gateway to Shyok Valley’. Located in the lap of the great Karakoram Range, it is around 40km from the heart of Leh, and is a much coveted destination among the adventure freaks. Trekking, hiking, jeep safari, motorcycle trips, and mountain biking are some of the most sought after activities around the Khardung La Pass.
Day 4 : Drive from Nubra Valley - Leh
Today morning after having breakfast at the campsite, you will get to pass through the Khardung LA Pass once again, as on this day, you will be driven back to Leh. Arriving in the city, you will be checked-in into a hotel where you can unwind and spend the day at leisure. Come evening, you can embark on a visit to the Leh Market and also visit the pious Leh Mosque along with the Jokhang Gompa. Completing these visits, you will be guided back to the hotel for your overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Leh Mosque : An ode to the communal harmony, peace and brotherhood, the Leh Mosque is among the historical as well as religious places to visit in Ladakh. Constructed by Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, it was established as part of agreement between the rulers of Ladakh and the Mughal emperor to safeguard the Ladakhi rulers from their rivals. Leh Mosque’s architecture lies in sync with most of the monasteries in Ladakh and it is truly a serene place to visit during any of the Leh Ladakh tours.
(2) Jokhang Gompa : Established in 1957, Jokhang Gompa is one of the newest addition in the list of monasteries in Ladakh. Revered as one of the spiritual heart of Leh, this Buddhist temple is adorned with intricate designs and carvings. Following the lineage of other monasteries in Ladakh, it is also known as the ‘Soma Gompa’ and was built by the local craftsmen with the assistance of Nepalese artists.
Day 5 : Drive from Leh - Pangong Tso Lake
Embrace the charm of this morning with a filling breakfast at the hotel, and pack your bags as today you will be driving to one of the most scenic lakes in the world – the Pangong Tso Lake! Starting from Leh, this enthralling drive will take you through the Shey and Thiksey hamlets, and will proceed towards the towering Chang La Pass at an elevation of 5,475m. Driving further from this astounding pass, you will finally reach the Pangong Tso Lake. Arriving at the lakeside, you will be free to explore its magical beauty and irresistible charm! Adore its enchanting beauty to your heart context and settle down in a campsite for your dinner followed by an overnight stay.
Attractions of the Day :
(1) Pangong Tso Lake : Seated at an elevation of 4,350m, Pangong Tso Lake is one of the most gorgeous and highest lakes in the entire world. A saline water reservoir in Ladakh, it is around 140km away from Ladakh’s capital city Leh, and is a major attraction in all the Leh Ladakh tour packages. Flaunting its magical beauty in the higher altitudes of Ladakh, Pangong Tso flows into China; only one-third of it flows through the Indian territory. On a visit to this scenic lake in Ladakh in different seasons offers different charms and grandeurs. While visiting Pangong Tso Lake in summer, visitors can enjoy the surreal beauty of its turquoise water along with the crystal-clear reflection of the entire surroundings. On the other hand, on a visit to this kaleidoscopic lake during the winter, visitors will witness an entirely frozen water-surface with water beneath its surface!
Day 6 : Drive from Pangong Tso Lake - Leh
Waking up to this morning, you can enjoy the most mystical views of the Pangong Tso Lake under the clutch of the mist and magic! Treasure these mesmerising views, and pack our bags for the return drive to Leh. Your arrival in the city will be followed by your checking-in into a hotel, where you can either spend the rest of the day at leisure or indulge in some individual activities followed by your overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 7 Departure from Leh - Tour Ends Here
Today will be last day of your Tour to Ladakh - A Timeless Journey! After breakfast is served at the hotel, wind up all your pleasant memories of Ladakh tour and get ready for a drop at the Leh Airport. Our tour guides and representatives will assist you with the drop, and with your arrival at the airport, this exciting rendezvous with enchanting Ladakh will come to an end!